Kansoly collects your personal information
Kansoly helps businesses easily buy their telco needs and simply manage their telco spend.
Kansoly’s Service stores company or individual Data. That Data can include personal information. “Personal information” is information that identifies an individual. Personal information may include the individual’s name, email address, telephone number, and telecommunications use.
You can choose not to provide personal information to Kansoly, but that choice may mean that we are unable to provide you with any Service.
Kansoly may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register to use the Service,
- use the Service,
- contact the Kansoly support team, and
- visit our Website.
Kansoly may collect personal information from others when you use your account profile for Google or Linkedin to register for the Service.
Kansoly may collect personal information from you about others
When requested to do so by Kansoly, you must assist Kansoly with any requests by others you have allowed to use the Service to access or update the personal information you have provided for them.
Kansoly may collect your personal information from others
We may collect personal information from others when you:
- connect us to your telco suppliers’ portal or upload your telco suppliers’ invoices
- Log file information reported by your browser or mobile device. When you use our Service, our servers record some log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, how you interact with links on the Service, pages viewed, referring / exit pages and URLs, and other such information.
- Location data may be collected from your device including GPS coordinates e.g. latitude and/or longitude. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information may be used to track your online usage. We may also use clear GIFs in emails we send to track which emails and links are opened. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
Kansoly collects, stores, and uses personal information for limited purposes
We use and personal information collected from or about you in the following ways:
- verify your identity,
- administer the Service,
- notify you of new Services or Service changes,
- carry out marketing or training relating to the Service,
- assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service,
- comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions, and
- communicate with you.
By using the Service, you consent to your personal information being collected and used in this way and for any other use you authorise. Kansoly will only use your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or with your express permission.
Kansoly can aggregate your non-personally identifiable data
You agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data Kansoly has collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. Kansoly may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service and to improve the Service,
- create business insights that allow you to benchmark your business’ telco spend and use against that aggregated data.
Kansoly only discloses Your Personal Information in limited circumstances
Kansoly may disclose your personal information when it is necessary to help with the provision of the Service. If we are involved in a reorganisation or sale of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that reorganisation or sale.
Kansoly may be required to disclose your personal information without your consent to (a) comply with the law; (b) prevent fraud; or (c) protect our legal rights.
We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
Kansoly does not store Your credit card details
Keeping your information safe
Kansoly cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account.
It is your responsibility to keep your password to the Service safe. You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any misuse of your password, and immediately change your password within the Service or via the “Forgotten Password” link on the login page.
How we store and protect your data
If you are located outside of Australia your laws governing personal data may differ from Australian law. To provide the Service we may transfer personal information, to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your own. By using the Kansoly Service you consent to us using staff that may live outside of your own country.
Kansoly takes steps to protect your personal information
Kansoly is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on secure servers that have SSL Certificates. All data transferred between you and the Service is encrypted. You can find out more about on our security page.
But, the internet is not itself a secure environment. We cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will always be secure. Transmission of personal information over the internet is at your own risk and you should use the Service within a secure environment. If we discover a security breach, we will tell you as soon as possible.
You can opt-out of non-essential email
Kansoly sends marketing information, billing information, product information, and Service notifications to you via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how you can remove yourself from any mailing list not essential to the Service. You may not opt out of emails essential to the service e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, features changes, and security notices.
You may request access to your personal information
You should ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You can request your personal information by email email@example.com. We will process your request as soon as practicable, provided we are not prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. We may not process your request if it may have an impact on others individual privacy, or if it is not practical for us to complete your request in the way you have asked.
Contact us if you have a privacy concern
Should you have a questions or concerns about your personal information at Kansoly. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy may be updated from time to time
Last updated: January 2017